Monday, November 10, 2008

Spartan Football!

This weekend Jim and I went up to visit my best friend, Karen and her husband Charlie, and we all went to the MSU vs. Purdue football game on Saturday, November 8. The day started out with some early tailgating (9am!), with yummy treats and mimosas (although hindsight would tell me that iced drinks are not all that refreshing when it is only 38 degrees out!). The game started at noon, and it was still only about 41 degrees. At least it didn't rain, even if it was overcast most of the time. MSU won - which made the day even better. It was our (Jim and I) first Big 10 game ('cause as poor grad students we can't imagine paying the outrageous price for Ohio State tickets), and we had a really good time, cold weather notwithstanding. After the game Karin and I went to one of my favorite Michigan places - Uncle John's Cider Mill (and winery). I picked up some cider (the best anywhere, hands-down), doughnuts, and two bottles of Uncle John's wine. Good times all around!

Here are some pictures of the game. The top picture is of Jim and I (looking like marshmallow people - some of that is all the extra layers we had on - I swear!), followed by a picture of Karin, Charlie and the people we tailgated with.

From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos


From Blog Photos

No comments: