Monday, January 5, 2009

Brief update

We’re here! And it was quite the adventure, but we made it (and on time, too) and have settled into our vacation rental apartment. Still having jetlag issues (waking up at 3am and being pretty darn tired by 6pm), but we are slowly getting adjusted. Unfortunately we’ve both managed to pick up head colds, which is making it difficult to completely enjoy our circumstances. The weather is gorgeous, 78 and mostly sunny, although there has been quite a bit of rain and haze of late. It’s still pretty darn nice!

Jim and I are still trying to come to terms with the reality of the situation – that we’re actually going to live in Hawaii. I am going to break up the story of our journey here into several different posts. I’ve also taken oodles of photos, and I’ll post the best and give you links to the rest, once I get them uploaded. Thank you all for your well wishes. I’ll begin my story of the Big Move tomorrow!

Oh, and Happy New Year!

No comments: